Instructions for using the WebRTC2_desktop video chat client
WebRTC2_desktop is an application for a client workstation (personal computer or laptop) on the Windows platform,
providing a video link for two registered visitors to the site on which the plugin is installed
After launch, the application is located in the Windows system tray in the form of an icon
waiting for a call for video communication.
When a call comes in, the user can double-click the left mouse button on the icon and see the name of the caller.
Right-clicking the user brings up the application menu:
- Setting - settings that the user makes after installing the application.
- Make a call - call the video communication window.
- Cancel call - сanceling an incoming call window.
- Exit - exit the application.
Installing and configuring the application
- Download installation package WebRTC2_desktop.zip
- Extract from archive .zip - WebRTC2_desktop_install.exe
- Run package on Windows platform WebRTC2_desktop_install.exe
- Follow the instructions to install the package WebRTC2_desktop_install.exe
- Run WebRTC2_desktop.exe
- In the system tray (in the lower-right corner of the screen) you will find an icon:
- Right-click on it and select the menu item: Setting
- A window will appear - Settings of Video chat:
- Host Name: Indicate the page of the site where the video link is established (shortcode [webrtc2]).
- Cookies Path: Specify where the cookies will be stored on your computer. To do this, use the button Path.
- Date Time: Field for displaying the time when your settings were saved. Filled in automatically after pressing the button Save
Video chat - window call Profile.
- Call the menu item from the system tray: Video chat, an empty window will appear, at the top of which there will be a menu: File, Bookmarks, Service
- Select item Bookmarks -> Profile
- An authorization window will appear. Enter your parameters: user name, password
- Check the box Remember Me and press the button Log in
- A window will appear Profile with your personal data
- If there are already registered users on this site with whom you want to have a video connection, then you can create your own list of subscribers by selecting the item Users for Video chat at the bottom of the window Profile:
Video chat - window call Video chat.
- Select item Bookmarks -> Video chat
- The video chat window will appear. Video communication control instruction WP-WebRTC2 See section: Plugin GUI
- After completing the video communication, you can close the window. The application will go into standby mode for the next video communication session.